Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Craftacular Saturday: The Blue House and I aRt Festival (Part 2)

Posted by Crystal

So, are you on the edge of your seat waiting for the conclusion to my Crafty Cliffhanger?  ;)

Good thing I have more Craftacular Saturday for you!

The Marquee of Redford Township hosted the I aRt Festival and all of the awesomeness you will see in the following photos!

Wanna splatter paint your bicycle?  Check out the Jackson Pollock Bike Work Shop!  I didn't meet the operators of this booth, but if it was YOU, email me at flinthandmade@hotmail.com.

Lori of Basement Art Creations takes fantastic point of focus photography...and turns it into awesome crafts like photo rings.  She also did a wonderful job organizing the I aRt Festival!

Kenneth of Paper Street Soap, Ltd. has excellent soap designs and scents.  We love a man who knows how to keep it clean and crafty!

OMG...this California Sweet Orange Body Butter by Paper Street Soap, Ltd. smelled so freakin' good!

Super cute robot and koala pouches by Lesley of Cozy Collection.

Very beautiful and intricate illustrations by Nicholas Wilson.

I love when adorable products are made even more adorable by fantastic packaging like these magnets by Christine of Christine Carol.

Shannon (l) of Comfortably Lovely and Michelle of Aisle 3 won the award for Committee's Choice Booth Winner at the Redford I aRt Festival!

Michelle (l) and I smile for the camera!  I love visiting my friends at their booths.  I'm so happy when they get compliments on and compensation for all of their crafty handiwork.  :)

Upcycled spark plug keychains by Brown Dog Welding.  Ingenious!

Show your love for Day-Twa with shirts by Detroit Manufacturing!

Gorgeous quilted bags, slippers and bibs by Sarah of Hip to Piece Squares.

Cutie owl buddies by Amie of enamor.

Finally, I met Ashley of Paper a la Mode!  You may recall that I met her mom at Baar Bazaar...much love to all the moms and dads who support their crafty daughters and sons!  When you get your Etsy, Ashley, let us know.  :)

Buttons by Jill of Barrel of Monkeys.  Mmmmm, so many lovely little buttons in lovely little rows...

Scottie of SEEDS Studio rocks an awesome Monty Python aesthetic for her new scrapbook supplies.

My haul from The Blue House and the Redford I aRt Festival: Crocheted Flower Brooch by Mitten Made, Detroit Shirt by Detroit Manufacturing, and Poppy Flower Card by Elevated Press.

I had a FANTASTIC time at I aRt Festival...can't wait to go again next year!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful post! Thanks for coming out to the I aRt Festival and for posting a pic of my buttons! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out! I had an amazing time and can not wait for next year's festival. I discovered so many talented artists and vendors. Yay for handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same shirt at Maker faire ! Lol. You are doing and AWESOME job on these blogs, Crystal ! I love them.~Ames

    ReplyDelete